Sixth Form Bursary
The Sixth Form Bursary Scheme provides financial support for students who have difficulties meeting the costs incurred in attending their KS5 programme such as transport, food, equipment, school trips, etc. The bursary scheme is funded by the EFA (Education Funding Agency) for eligible students.
There are two types of 16‐19 Bursaries:
A Vulnerable Bursary of up to £1,200 a year for students who:
- are or have been in Local Authority Care or living with Foster Parents
- are claiming Universal Credit or Income Support in their own name
- are in receipt of Employment Support Allowance and Personal Independence Payment or Disability Benefit in their own name
2. A Discretionary Bursary of up to £800 a year for students:
- who are in receipt of Free School Meals
- whose household income is less than £20,000 per annum
For both types of Bursary, students must be aged between 16‐19 at the start of the course date, be enrolled at Menorah High School and do a minimum of 15 hours and
- are a ‘home’ student or a ‘European Economic Area’ student or
- are under 19, have applied for Asylum to the Home Office and have been resident in the UK for 3 years or
- have been granted exceptional Leave to remain or enter, or humanitarian protection, or discretionary leave, or indefinite leave to remain or full refugee status by the Home Office
Payments will be split into equal weekly payments for the duration of the course, excluding holidays and will be made half‐termly by way of a cheque, payable to the student.
Payments will only be made if the student has 100% authorised attendance and no more than 2 late marks for each relevant week. Serious incidents of poor behaviour resulting in internal or external exclusion will also result in bursary payments being withheld.
If you feel that you meet the criteria, please complete both Student and Parent application forms. These should be returned with copies of all relevant evidence to Mrs Rosenfeld, School Business Manager, Menorah High School, 105 Brook Road, NW2 7BZ. email@example.com
Deadline for applications 28 February 2023
- Student-Bursary-Application-Form-Parent-2022 280681398
- Student-Bursary-Application-Form-Student-2022 280681398